Are you ready to explore James Bond Island?
A few handy ideas about what you can expect to enjoy during a James Bond Island Tour
James Bond Island, Koh Khao Phing Kan, is one of the more famous attractions in Thailand, with thousands of tourists flocking to see it since it rose to fame in the James Bond movie The Man with the Golden Gun. Located in Phang Nga Bay, it has an idyllic appearance, with its craggy rock faces, covered in fertile greenery, surrounded by turquoise blue sea and white sandy beaches. A James Bond Island tour will take you around Phang Nga Bay, which is home to numerous limestone karsts, pretty inlets and beautiful bays.
There are lots of caves and caverns in Phang Nga Bay that are great to explore on a sea canoe. The best tour agents will take you to some of the secret lagoons that are uncovered when the tide is low and going through the cave tunnels in a sea canoe is a fun experience for all ages.
Here are some of the highlights of a James Bond Island tour:
- A boat trip to Koh Khao Phing Kan (AKA James Bond Island)
- Wander around Khao Phing Kan
- Longtail boat rides
- Sea canoe trips
- Exploring caves and tunnels
- Discovering hidden lagoons at low tide
- Lunch on Koh Panyee (floating village)
- A tour of the beautiful Suwanakhuha Temple
You will need to bring a few things with you on a James Bond Island tour including mosquito repellent, suntan lotion, respectful clothing for lunch and the temple tour, plus swimwear if you want to go swimming. Make sure everything is in a waterproof bag to keep it safe and dry, and don’t forget your camera as there are lots of attractions and sites to capture on film.
A James Bond Island tour isn’t just for James Bond fans. Families will enjoy this trip as everyone loves to explore nature from the sea canoes, while romancing couples will also enjoy the peace and quiet of Phang Nga Bay.
Check out some interesting facts about Phang Nga Bay and James Bond Island:
- Phang Nga Bay is known for its towering limestone rock formations that jut straight up out of the sea
- It is home to a stretch of ocean that has more than 400 km2 of water
- The Man with the Golden Gun filmed scenes at Koh Khao Phing Kan, which is how it got its nickname – James Bond Island
- Koh Panyee is a floating island that is exactly what it sounds like! Locals live on a floating structure that was built on stilts to ensure it doesn’t flat away and has a population of over 1,500 residents
A James Bond Island tour will take you around the whole of Phang Nga Bay, where there are lots of fun things to see and do from exploring the caves on a sea canoe through to seeing James Bond Island itself.
One thing’s for sure, a James Bond Island tour will never be boring; Book a Trip to James Bond Island Here