Thai Village Tour
One of the absolute best tours in Khao Lak. Learn about the Thai people and their amazing culture. Here we visit a Buddhist Temple, a Chinese Shrine, the biggest Turtle Sanctuary in Thailand. Great lunch included and we might visit a Waterfall on the way back.
฿1,970 per Person (Min 2 People)
Every Friday: 7-7:30am
Departs only on Fridays at 7am
Scheduled Pickups at the resort or guesthouse you are staying at.
Details & Itinerary
The Thai Village Tour is an absolute must to get close to the Thai people, the amazing Thai culture, and learn why Thais are always happy and why it is called the Land of Smiles. Morning Market, Buddhist Temple, Chinese Shrine, Turtle Sanctuary and a Waterfall, and a proper Thai Lunch.
Book this tour at the bottom of this page.
What You Should Bring
- Clothes to wear at the temple – cover shoulders and knees
- Beach towel
- Sun Hat
- Swimwear – If you want to swim in at the waterfall
- Camera and water proof bag to cover
- Small Purse for Cash
- 07:00 – Start picking up from the hotels in Khao Lak Area.
- 08:00 – Visit the morning market and taste some local Thai ‘fast-food’.
- 09:00 – Arrive to the Thai Buddhist temple, Tha Sai temple, the teak wood temple along the beach. It is the only one temple was built near the Andaman Sea. Get blessed by the Abbot who Thai people highly respect. Enjoy the peaceful environment nearby the white sandy long beach.
- 10:15 – Visit the Chinese culture that was brought by the immigrants became to Thai life nowadays. It was transferred from generation to generations.
- 11:00 – Arrive at the turtle’s sanctuary where we nurse the turtle eggs from Thai Mueang beach and Similan Islands and breed fish to release to the Andaman Sea.
- 12:00 – Have Thai Menu lunch. Stop at Tesco for shopping.
- 13:00 – Visit a waterfall, either Tonprai waterfall with a 600 meters walk along the river to get to freshness of the waterfall, or to Lampi waterfall.
- 15:00 – Arrive back to your Khao Lak hotel.
What is Included?
Khao Lak Hotel round trips transfer, activities follow the program, seasonal fruit and soft drinks. Lovely Lunch.
National park fees paid for and Travel Accident insurance also included.
- Where is the pick up point?
We will pick you up and drop you off at the front desk at your hotel.
- What time is pick up?
We will give you a time with a ten minute window when you book.
- What languages does the guide speak?
The tour guide speaks Thai, English, and French.
- Is there no child price?
Children take up the same space as an adult, same price.
Expert Tour Guide
Nett is the tour guide on this tour, apart from being a registered tour guide she is also the owner of Khao Lak Language School where she teaches Thai, English and French.
Great Local Knowledge
Since Nett grew up in Thai Mueang she is the perfect guide for this tour. Also she is a devout Buddhist and has great knowledge about the history of the temple and the shrine you visit on this tour.
What to Expect
A great insight into Thai people, the culture, and meeting many friendly Thai people.
A lot of local history. Get blessed by a monk at Tha Sai Temple. The Turtle Sanctuary is an absolute winner with the kids.
*If you want to go on this tour Tomorrow, please book before 15:00 today.
**If you are staying at Sentido Graceland or further north, 300THB/Person will be added as an extra transfer expense.